Chicken FricasseeFrom sas 8 years ago
- 4 bone-in, skin-on split chicken breasts shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped fine shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 12 oz. white mushrooms shopping list
- 4 large portobello mushrooms; remove gills shopping list
- 1 tbs minced thyme; preferably fresh shopping list
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth low salt shopping list
- 1 c. beef broth low salt shopping list
- 1 c. white wine shopping list
- 1/3 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbs. fresh chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Dry chicken and season with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med-high heat until just smoking
- Cook chicken skin-side down, until deep golden brown, about 6 minutes
- Flip and brown on second side-4 minutes
- Transfer chicken to a plate; remove and discard skin
- Pour off all but 1 tbs. fat from the pot.
- Cook onions in the fat until golden-5 minutes
- Stir in garlic and cook about 30 seconds
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, 1/4 tsp salt
- reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have released their juices; about 10 minutes
- Uncover and until liquid evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown
- Stir in the flour and cook until golden, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in the broths and wine and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken and any juices to pot.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until meat registers 160*, 20-30 minutes
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and tent with foil
- Add cream to the pot and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- stir in lemon juice and parsley. Pour sauce over chicken
- Serve with egg noodles, rice or biscuits
- I also use dark meat but I never do the white and dark together-it won't work
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating1 people
Oh baby, I love your sauce here, Sas - I loooOOOoove the taste of mushrooms and promise to not overdo that cream. And its dark meat for moi. Thank you - and I am so darn hungry. I need to walk away for now. Just walk away. :)
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!