Summer Fish Stew With Green BeansFrom bostonmargy 7 years ago
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored and chopped shopping list
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup clam broth shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 lb green beans cut into 1/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound flavorful firm white fish (catfish is excellent), cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dried shopping list
- 2 tbs heavy cream (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan heat the oil. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook one minute. Add the potatoes, clam broth and water and bring to a boil. If using dried oregano, add now. Cook for 15 minutes. Add green beans and cook an addition 7 - 10 minutes. Add the fish and stir gently. Cook for five minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, stir in fresh oregano and cream (if using). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
The Rating2 people
This recipe looks absolutely fabulous! I am so glad I took the time to view your recipes before shutting down for the night. Thanks so much Margy for submitting this to the group and I know my family will enjoy it.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!