Lady and Sons Onion-Cheese BreadFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or parsley leaves shopping list
- butter, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the milk and egg to the biscuit mix, stirring just until the mix is moistened.
- Fold in the onions and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon the dough into a greased 8-inch round cake pan.
- Mix the onion salt into the melted butter and drizzle the mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle the bread with chives or parsley and bake for 15 minutes. Top the bread with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until the bread is cooked through and the cheese top golden, about 5 minutes longer.
- Cut the bread into wedges and serve warm with butter.
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating5 people
This will be great with soup!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Ooooooooooooooo thats looking yummy im with angel need some soup !!!!!please..... hahahahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wonderful!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it