Jerked Oven Roasted Country Pork RibsFrom divaliscious 5 years ago
- Country pork ribs, 1-2 per person depending upon size. These usually have a lot of meat on them and are more affordable than other sorts of ribs - they look slightly like your normal pork chops gone skinny. shopping list
- **Sauce** shopping list
- 3-4 scallions sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- good amount of fresh pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons or more jerk season (separate recipe posted if you would like to make your own jerk seasoning) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lite mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- Large soup pot, cookie sheet with rack shopping list
How to make it
- Place ribs into soup pot covering with water and allow to come to a boil.
- Then turn down heat and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes - remove any scum that may float to the top.
- In bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce/marinade.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Drain country ribs and dip into sauce and place onto rack on cookie sheet.
- Once country ribs are on rack, this will allow the fat juices to fall away from your country ribs.
- Add any remaining sauce to the tops of the country ribs before placing in the middle rack in your oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes and allow to rest for five minutes before serving.
- I served these up last night with oven roasted veggies which cooked on a separate cookie sheet on the top oven rack simultaneously.
- ****To Make Oven Roasted Veggies:
- Slice all into chucks: 4 potatoes or 8 red small potatoes, 2 onions (I used 1 bermuda, 1 yellow), 3-5 garlic cloves minced, 2 or 3 bell peppers in different colors (I used red and green).
- Place all ingredients into bowl, add good amount of kosher salt, pepper and add 1/3 cup olive oil.
- With spoon or hands, turn to coat with seasons and olive oil.
- Place in a shallow cookie sheet with sides to make one layer and place into oven. Turning over once or twice during cooking time while doing ribs.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!