The Best MeatballsFrom 10gallonhat 10 years ago
- 1/3 cup bulgur shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 4 ounces lean ground beef shopping list
- 4 ounces hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped shopping list
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Tip) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine bulgur and water in a small bowl. Let stand until the bulgur is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a rack with cooking spray and place it over a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, egg whites, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and the soaked bulgur in a large bowl; mix well. Form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs (about 24). Place the meatballs on the rack and bake for 25 minutes. Blot well with paper towel.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cook10gallonhat Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice makes about 1/3 cup.10gallonhat in Minneapolis loved it