STRAWBERRY KEY LIME PIEFrom mamajune 6 years ago
- 2 cans Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (low fat may be used) shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 9 inch Keebler brand graham cracker crust (or make your own) shopping list
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each tequila and Grand Marnier, or to taste shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/8 cup sugar shopping list
- additional sugar for the cream shopping list
How to make it
- Place the condensed milk into a bowl. Add the sic egg yolks and mix thoroughly. Add the Key lime juice slowly. Blend well, but don't overmix. In a blender, put one pint of the sliced strawberries and blend to a puree. Add 1/2 cup of the puree to the milk and egg mixture.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool. Then chill for a couple of hours.
- To the remaining puree, add 1/8 cup of sugar. Add half of the remaining sliced strawberries. Cut the pie into individual slices. Top the pie portions with the sauce. Whip the cream, add the tequila and the Grand Marnier to taste. Sweeten just to taste. Top the pie with the cream, add the remaining strawberry slices as a garnish.
- Note:This can also be made with papaya or mango
The Cookmamajune High Point, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!