Citrus Buttery Herbed Chicken And RiceFrom angelica14 8 years ago
- 1 and 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 - 10 large garlic cloves, crushed, peeled, and chopped shopping list
- juice from 6 lemons shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 can of orange juice concentrate (depending on how sweet you want this) shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 large vidalia sweet onions shopping list
- 3/4 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups of clear beef broth shopping list
- meat from 6 large chicken breasts, skins removed,and cut into strips. shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 - 5 teaspoons of louisiana hot sauce (or more - depending on how spicy you want this) shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Carmelize onions and garlic in olive oil, butter, 1/2 cup beef broth.
- Add herbs and and stir.
- Boil - 3 minutes.
- Add orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and 1 cup of beef broth.. Stir again.
- Bring to boil - 3 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and wine and let boil two more minutes.
- Remove pan from stove and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Put in blender (hand blender works well) and let blend until you are left with a creamy looking sauce.
- Put sauce back in pot and add raw chicken strips.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly - about one to two minutes on high.
- Turn off stove and let chicken strips remain in the sauce for 30 minutes. Cover on pot.
- Stir contents of pot and boil again for one minute only.
- Stir and serve.
- NOTE: If you are not going to serve this right away, remove the chicken from the sauce and cover in a separate bowl or chicken will continue to cook.