Sour Cream Raisin BarsFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. quick-cooking oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 c. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 - 16 oz. carton sour cream shopping list
- 2 c. raisins (she also adds walnuts - I've added them, too 1/2 - 1 c.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 TBSP. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine oats, flour, soda, salt, and brown sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Reserve half of the mixture and set aside for topping. Press the other half of mixuture into a lightly greased 15" x 10" x 1" jelly roll pan. Bake for 10 min. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine sour cream and remaining ingredients (except reserved topping), stir well and cook over medium heat until thickened. Pour onto prepared crust.
- Sprinkle reserved topping over filling and gently press in with fingertips. Bake for 20 min. until browned. Cool in pan; cut into bars and chill. These freeze well.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating4 people
oh this sounds yummy .........thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
mmm, sounds delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Sounds very delicious, thanks for posting it!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!