Easy Chicken Chow MeinFrom mrspotatohead 9 years ago
- 1 package fresh celery , sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional) shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained shopping list
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- hot cooked rice shopping list
- chow mein noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, saute celery in oil for apx 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add bean sprouts (if using), mushrooms, water chestnuts, and chicken.
- In a large bowl, blend cornstarch with water.
- When smooth, add chicken broth and soy sauce to bowl.
- Mix well and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice and chow mein noodles.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!