ChickenRice and Broccoli CasseroleFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 31/2lb broiler-fryer chicken cooked,or 3c cubed ,cooked chicken or turkey shopping list
- 11/4c beef broth shopping list
- 1c long grain rice shopping list
- 1/4c butter or margarine,cut up shopping list
- 1 101/2oz. can condensed French onion soup shopping list
- 1 41/2oz jar sliced mushrooms,drained shopping list
- 2 10oz. boxes frozen chopped broccoli or broccoli spears,thawed and drained. shopping list
- 1 101/2oz can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 2/3c milk shopping list
- 1/4c mayonnaise or salad dressing shopping list
- 1/4tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1c shreaded cheddar cheese(4oz) shopping list
- 1/4tsp. garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325
- If using whole chicken, remove meat from bones,cut into cubes;set aside
- Meanwhile in a 3qt. rectangular baking dish,stir together the beef broth,uncooked rice,butter,onion soup,mushrooms and garlic powder. cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour or till rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Remove from oven. Increase oven tem to 375.
- Stir the rice mixture. Top with the turkey and drained broccoli.
- In a medium bowl,stir together the cream of mushroom soup,milk,mayonnaise and worcestershire sauce. Spoon mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake the casserole,covered, for 30 mins. Incover and bake about 10 mins longer or till heated through.
- Chicken broth can be used instead of beef broth.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
Wonderful dish and a ^^^^^5!!
Happy Sunday! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it