Applesauce FruitcakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 4 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp jam of any fruit jam or preserves shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. soda shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 lb. candied pineapple shopping list
- 1/2 lb. candied cherries shopping list
- 1 lb. candied mixed fruits shopping list
- 1 lb. chopped dates shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except fruits and nuts and mix until smooth.
- Stir in fruits and nuts.
- Line the bottom of two 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pans or one 10" x 4" tube pan with well-greased and floured double-thickness parchment paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for one hour or l test for doneness with a toothpick)
- Cool in pan 15 minutes
- Carefully remove to cool completely.
- Wrap in foil and let mellow overnight.
- May be frozen if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
. absolutely delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Beautiful picture and scrumptions sounding fruitcake. Yummers and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This one we'll love. Thank you for the recipe.elle55 in Pittsburg loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Sweet Suite159 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
Made With Tropical Fruits18 members
Cake OLicious60 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere49 members