Ginger Hot And Sour SoupFrom minitindel 4 years ago
- 2 cups - boiling water shopping list
- 1-1/2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 3 - tablespoons fresh minced ginger shopping list
- 6 - cups chicken broth...or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 - small Chinese cabbage. shredded shopping list
- 1 -ounce angel hair pasta broken in 1/2 shopping list
- 2 - tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 - package extra firm tofu...diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots canned or fresh shopping list
- 5 to 10 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 2- tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the boiling water and mushrooms in a bowl.
- let it steep for 15 minutes, until mushrooms are softened.
- remove mushrooms, reserving mushroom water; rinse mushrooms well, squeeze dry, and thinly slice the caps discarding the stems....
- heat oil in a large soup pot over high heat.
- add the ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- pour in the chicken broth and the reserved mushroom water, leaving behind any sediment.
- bring to a boil. add cabbage, pasta,soy sauce,and sugar.
- add the red pepper flakes to your taste, depending on how hot you like it .
- reduce the heat to medium; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- in a small bowl, combine 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar with the cornstarch.
- add the cornstarch mixture, tofu,bamboo shoots,and mushrooms to the pot. stir well and simmer until heated through.
- taste and adjust seasonings with more red pepper flakes or vinegar......
- serves 4
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!