Strawberry Nut Drop CookiesFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1 t almond extract shopping list
- 2 c All purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 t baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 c Chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 c butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 x egg shopping list
- 1 t baking powder shopping list
- 1 c Sweet strawberries, mashed * shopping list
- 3/4 c Confectioner's sugar shopping list
- * or 10 oz pkg sweetened strawberries, mashed shopping list
How to make it
- Remove 2 T of the crushed strawberries with juice and set aside. Cream sugar, butter, and almond extract until creamy. Beat in egg. Mix flour with baking powder and soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with crushed strawberries. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by Tablespoons onto lightly greased, or Teflon coated cookie sheets, 2" apart.
- Bake in 375 deg F oven for 12-14 minutes. Mix reserved berries with about 3/4 c confectioners sugar to make a thin glaze and spread over warm or cold cookies. Makes 40-45.