Gingered Pork Chops in Orange JuiceFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 thick cut pork chops shopping list
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the flour, ginger, salt and pepper into a paper or plastic bag. Put the chops in the bag, and shake to coat. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops in the hot oil on both sides. Transfer the chops to a casserole dish.
- Place the onion in the hot frying pan, and cook until limp. Pour the brandy into the pan, and stir to incorporate any bits of food that may be stuck to the pan. Pour the onion and juices over the pork chops in the dish. Pour the orange juice into the casserole as well.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, or until chops are no longer pink. Serve with the orange sauce from the dish.