Hungarian Chicken PaprikashFrom binky67 7 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 4 to 5 pounds broiler/fryer chicken pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups hot water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt and pepper; place in an ungreased roasting pan.
- Spoon onion mixture over chicken.
- Add hot water.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. gradually add to pan juices with onion.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve sauce with chicken.
- Suggested alteration from Shepherdrescue:
- I think I'll substitute chicken broth for the 1 1/2 cups of hot water though, I think that will give it a richer flavor.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- a1patti Salem, MA
- jamrow Waycross, GA
- heatherinal Boaz, AL
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- shepherdrescue Lake Forest, CA
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookbinky67 Ellicott City, MD
The Rating4 people
Looks delicious! ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Oh yum - this does looks delicioso! Thanks for sharing...saving to try. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
I agree with you, it looks delightful.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!