Jumpin Jack Cheese and fruit Grilled SandwichFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 8 slices white or egg bread, cut 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup fig or plum jam shopping list
- 4 oz. thinly sliced Havarti or monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 small pear or apple, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds or chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Spread one side of each bread slice lightly with softened butter. Spread other side of 4 of the bread slices with jam.
- Top jam side of bread with cheese.
- Top cheese with pear and almonds or pecans.
- Top with remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- Preheat an indoor electric grill.
- Place sandwiches on grill rack. If using a covered grill, close lid. Grill sandwiches until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- (For a covered grill, allow 3 to 4 minutes.
- For an uncovered grill, allow about 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.)
- Or, place sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted, turning
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Now I have that Rolling Stones song in my head! Jumpin' Jack Flash....this sounds great!jett2whit in Union City loved it
got monteray cheese gots to be good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it