Mama Mia What Good Chicken And Rice EnchiladasFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded (skin and bones discarded) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar shopping list
- 8oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 package McCormick enchilada sauce mix shopping list
- 2 cups mild enchilada sauce shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 4 oz. chopped or sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 cup of prepared(cooked) Mexican style rice or rice a Roni's Spanish shopping list
- rice shopping list
- 1 cup Mexican blend Shredded cheese shopping list
- 2 (10) count corn tortillas shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, onions, and enchilada mix,rice, Mexican blend cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, cumin, and onion powder.
- Mix well to combine.
- In small skillet or frying pan, heat a small amount of oil.
- Add tortillas one at a time and cook for 10 seconds on each side.
- Drain onto paper towels.
- Place the tortillas on your work surface.
- Spoon about 1 cup of the chicken mixture across the center of each tortilla.
- Roll them up to close and place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the canned enchilada sauce over the top to cover tortillas.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until heated through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese ,green onions, and the black olives over the enchiladas.
- Return the baking dish to the oven until the cheese is melted and edges of the tortillas are just beginning to get crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with additional sour cream on the side.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating7 people
I had to add this recipe to the group Chicken Little it is so good. I love Enchiladas especially when made this way with the Mexican style rice.
High Five Dmajor
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Unique way to make 'Enchiladas'! My Family is going to 'Rave' and shout "5"FORK!!!!! when they
partake of this recipe!
Thanks so much for sharing...
~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Most Excellent!! Thanks Deb...=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it