Amish MeatloafFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 c. Ritz cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 c. grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2-3 strips bacon, cut in 1" pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl. Add evaporated milk, sage, salt and pepper, and mix. Add beef, crumbs, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the onion; blend. Form into a loaf and place in a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange bacon pieces on top of loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake 10 minutes longer.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
ooh sounds yummy. I may try this one this week. Thanks Henrie. You get my 5. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
GET MY ^ ^ ^ ^ ^5 also Henrie..I haven't made
this one yet, but no one cooks better than the
Amish (IMHO) :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Got my 5 on this one also.. love it!
hugssssssssssshirleyoma in Cove loved it