Blackberry SauceFrom tralfaz 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 c blackberries shopping list
- 1 rounded tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 rounded tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- splash of hot pepper sauce (to taste) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider or wine vinegar shopping list
- 12 nice blackberries for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Reserve half the blackberries.
- Place the other ingredients in a small covered sauce pan and simmer on gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining blackberries and simmer for 5 minutes, add a couple tablespoons of pan juices (if you have any) reducing the sauce to about 1 cup.
- Pass the sauce through a seive, taste for salt, vinegar, pepper, etc..
- Use half as a last minute glaze for duck breast, baked or whole roasted chicken and duck.
- Reheat remaining sauce gently before serving. Garnish plates with reserved blackberries or add berries to the remaining sauce and serve separately.
The Cooktralfaz Port Townsend, WA
The Rating1 people
Yes! I am always looking for new blackberry recipes, as we live so close to two huge blackberry patches and it's almost time to go pick them. I'm definately going to put this under my favorites so I don't forget about it. I also love the fact that ...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
I love the sound of using honey and lemon, you can't go wrong with lemon and berries.invisiblechef in loved it