Ginger SnapsFrom littlemissey 6 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 jumbo egg shopping list
- 2 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl beat your 1 cup sugar, butter, molasses and egg until light and fluffy.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- Then, stir (or mix on low) your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg - mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour (makes for easier handling).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I use air-bake).
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- Cookies will puff up and then flatten during baking.
- Cool 1 minute and then remove from cookie sheets.