Sassy Slow-Cooker Chicken RarebitFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1-3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 14- to 16-ounce jar cheddar cheese pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 large onion, halved crosswise and thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 pumpernickel or rye buns, split and toasted, or 6 slices pumpernickel or rye bread, toasted and halved diagonally shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (optional) shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional) shopping list
- Kosher dill pickles (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together pasta sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add onion and chicken slices.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- To serve, spoon chicken and sauce mixture over bun halves. sprinkle with crumbled bacon and tomato. Serve with dill pickles, if desired. .