Shrimp Stuffed Portobello MushroomsFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 6 ounces cooked bay shrimp shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- Eight 2 to 2 and 1/2-inch Portobello mushrooms, dark gills removed shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, basil, garlic, and rosemary.
- Saute until onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to medium bowl; mix in shrimp, breadcrumbs, cheese, and mayonnaise.
- Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange mushrooms, rounded side down, on oiled baking sheet.
- Mound shrimp filling in mushrooms, pressing filling to compact slightly. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake mushrooms until tender and filling begins to brown, about 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 4 (appetizer) servings.