Smoky Corn Pancakes with Salsa ButterFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot salsa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa shopping list
How to make it
- To make pancake batter start by pouring boiling water over the cornmeal.
- Let sit for 10 minutes while you measure and prepare the other ingredients.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir butter, corn, eggs, milk, salsa, jalapenos and liquid smoke into the cornmeal.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and when it has sizzled again ladle in the pancakes.
- Use about 1/4 cup batter for each cake so that the pancakes will be slightly larger than normal.
- Fry until dark golden brown edges develop and bubbles start to form and burst on top of the cakes.
- Turn each cake gently and fry on the other side.
- Continue frying pancakes adding more oil as necessary until all are cooked.
- To make the salsa butter melt the butter and remove from heat then whisk in the salsa.
- Serve on pancakes with a generous sprinkling of torn cilantro for garnish.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!