Chewy Molasses CookiesFrom pieplate 6 years ago
- Prep time includes chilling time and shaping time. shopping list
- 3/4 c. butter, melted shopping list
- 1 c. white sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 t. baking soda shopping list
- 2 c. all-purpose bleached flour shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground cloves shopping list
- 3/4 t. ground ginger shopping list
- 2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- white sugar for rolling shopping list
How to make it
- Stir sugar and molasses into melted butter and beat until thick and smooth.
- Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Chill dough at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into balls the size of small walnuts and roll in the additional sugar.
- Place on baking sheet lined with non-stick sheet, 2" apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees 7-8 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Cookies are done when they are puffed and cracked but not firm.
- Let rest on baking sheet an additional 2 minutes, and remove from sheet to cool on a rack.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating4 people
Excellent recipe for Molasses Cookies and a HUGE high 5!laadeedaa in loved it
Another great taste!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it