Charcoal Grilled OystersFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 48 unshucked oysters shopping list
- rock salt shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots shopping list
- 3/4 pound ice cold butter shopping list
- Grated lemon zest shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub and rinse oysters and set aside.
- Light charcoal grill and allow 45 minutes for it to reach proper temperature.
- Reduce vinegar, Vermouth and shallots in saucepan until only 2 tablespoons of liquid remain.
- Adjust to very low heat then cut butter into 1/2" slices and whisk one piece at a time into liquid.
- Whisk constantly with each addition until sauce is creamy and thick.
- Add lemon zest then season to taste.
- Keep sauce warm over water that is the same temperature as the sauce.
- Line two large shallow pans with rock salt and heat in the oven.
- Put oysters flat side-up directly on the grill when coals are pure white hot.
- Remove with tongs when shells begin to open.
- Shuck oysters then discard top shells and place in their deep shells in hot rock salt to keep warm.
- Serve oysters with sauce and lemon wedges.