Pasta Beans And GreensFrom laurad 8 years ago
- 2 bunches kale or swiss chard shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 15 ounce cans great northern beans shopping list
- 7 ounces chicken broth (more if necessary) shopping list
- 12 ounces penne pasta shopping list
- Parmesan (lots!) shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry greens, strip the leaves from the stems, and coarsely chop.
- Finely mince garlic.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper and cook until garlic is golden in color.
- Add the greens, beans and chicken broth. Cover and cook on medium heat.
- Check after 5 minutes to see if it's still wet- if not, add more chicken broth so it doesn't scorch. Cover and cook until greens are soft (about 20 minutes). Most of the liquid will be absorbed by the cooking.
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Combine penne with greens and serve. Sprinkle on lots of parmesan and enjoy.