Mexican Corn Bread With SausageFrom laurad 7 years ago
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage (or regular smoked sausage) shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 16 ounce can cream corn shopping list
- 3 jalapenos shopping list
- 2 cups grated cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop the onion, sausage, and jalapenos
- Cook sausage and onion on high heat until the onion is cooked. Drain off excess fat.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then add milk, corn meal, salt, baking soda, creamed corn, and jalapenos. Mix together with sausage and onions.
- Pour into the 9x13 pan and layer cheese on top.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.