Coconut and Hazelnut Pudding SquaresFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 8 oz (225 grams) semolina shopping list
- 8 oz (225 grams) desiccated coconut shopping list
- 8 oz (225 grams) superfine sugar shopping list
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 oz (100 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 pint (568 ml) milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) plain white flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cinnamon shopping list
- 4 oz (100 grams) hazelnuts or almonds shopping list
- icing sugar, to serve shopping list
- mascarpone cheese or thick double cream, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat the oven to 350f ( 180C )
- Put all the ingredients, except the nuts, in a saucepan and mix together.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- The mixture at this stage should be thick.
- Press the mixture into a Swiss roll tin. (It should be only 1 cm or 1/2 inch thick.)
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts or almonds and sprinkle over the top to decorate.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Lightly dust with sifted icing sugar, cut into squares and serve hot or cold.
- Accompany with mascarpone cheese or cream.
- Makes 20 slices.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Mmmmm super flavorful!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
great tasty recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Fantastic! I love the flavors you have in there.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it