Italian Sausage and VegetablesFrom laurad 5 years ago
- 3/4 pound hot Italian turkey sausage (or regular sausage) shopping list
- 1 zucchini shopping list
- 1 summer squash shopping list
- 3 to 4 florets broccoli shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning mix (I use McCormic) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- penne pasta shopping list
- jalapeno jack cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Chop zucchini, summer squash, and brocooli into small, bite sized peices.
- Remove sausage casings and chop sausage into bite sized chunks.
- Put 1/4 inch of water in the bottom of medium to large pot
- Add crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning to the water.
- Put the sausage in the bottom and then put the brocooli, zucchini, and squash over top. Sprinkle garlic salt over the vegetables.
- Cook on high heat until it begins to boil, then cover the pot.
- Check on the water level regularly- the vegetables will add more water so if necessary drian water out. Try to maintain about a 1/4 to half inch of water on the bottom to properly steam everything.
- Cook until the broccoli is tender enough to put a fork in easily (20 to 30 minutes). Drain the pot.
- Cook penne pasta according to directions.
- Serve sausage and vegetables over penne and sprinkle on a big handful of cheese while it's still warm.