Warm Goats Cheese SaladFrom biccy 5 years ago
- Goats cheese shopping list
- lettuce - a mixture of different types is nice: a good option is to use the pre-washed bags of lettuce, so that you can have a nice mix of rocket, basil, cos, watercress, spinach etc. shopping list
- cucumber shopping list
- tomato shopping list
- Beetroot (optional) shopping list
- carrot (optional) shopping list
- olives (optional) shopping list
- cottage cheese (optional) shopping list
- new potatoes (cooked and cooled, optional) shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- bread + butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees centigrade.
- Pour a little oil into a baking tray and make sure the entire bottom is covered.
- Slice the goats cheese so that you have large circles of goats cheese (they don't always come out as perfect circles!) The amount you slice depends on how many people you are serving - i usually do two per person if it's a starter, but I like more if it's a meal just for me :)
- Lay these on the greased baking tray, with a little room between each. Leave to one side.
- Prepare your salad. Firstly, fill a plate/salad bowl with lettuce, preferably a nice mix of salad leaves.
- Cut cucumber and tomato slices and place on top.
- Use optional salad items and potatoes depending on use of salad - if it's for a main course, it's nice to have more in it.
- Place goats cheese in oven for 5-12 minutes, until warmed through and slightly melted.
- Make up a quick dressing, with one part balsamic vinegar to two parts olive oil. Drizzle over as desired.
- Lay the warmed slices of goats cheese on top, and cottage cheese to the side if desired, and serve with a slice of bread and butter.
The Cookbiccy Plymouth, GB
The Rating4 people
DELICIOUS! Great ingredients in this one!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This recipe would be great with some of my edible Nasturtiums.
Big Five from me
Michaeltrigger in loved it