Cajun-Stuffed Pork ChopsFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot red pepper sauce shopping list
- 4 bone-in center-cut loin pork shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the stuffing mix, broth, 1 teaspoon of the paprika and the hot pepper sauce.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by making a horizontal slit with a small sharp knife, cutting almost to the bone. Fill the pockets with the prepared stuffing; close the pockets with toothpicks.
- Transfer the chops to a baking dish and season with the salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Bake until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced near the bone with a sharp knife, about 35 minutes. Remove the toothpicks; transfer the chops to a platter and serve.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
Love Pork will give this a try i have some friends that Like it HOT
;-)grizzlybear in loved it
Looks wonderful! I haven't had it with red pepper sauce so I'm trying this one on Sunday.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!