Slow Cooker Guisado VerdeFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder shopping list
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomatillos, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile peppers shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 quart water shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork on all sides. Reserving the juices in the skillet, transfer the pork to a slow cooker.
- In the skillet with the pork juices over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic about 1 minute. Transfer to the slow cooker, along with skillet juices.
- Mix the tomatillos, green chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro into the slow cooker. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour in 1 quart water, or enough to cover all ingredients. Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours.
- Shred the cooked pork with a fork. Spoon the slow cooker mixture into bowls, and top with Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro sprigs to serve.