Low-Cal Strawberry Cream PieFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups strawberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate or frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 3 slightly beaten egg whites shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tequila or orange juice shopping list
- 1 3-ounce package ladyfingers, split shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed shopping list
- Sliced strawberries (optional) shopping list
- fresh mint (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the 2-1/2 cups strawberries in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Measure strawberries (you should have about 1-1/2 cups.)
- In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and gelatin. Stir in the blended strawberries and limeade and lemonade concentrate. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture bubbles and the gelatin is dissolved. Gradually stir about half of the gelatin mixture into the egg whites. Return mixture to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat about 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Do not boil. Pour into a medium bowl; stir in tequila or orange juice. Chill until mixture mounds when spooned, stirring occasionally (about 2 hours).
- Meanwhile, cut half of the split ladyfingers in half crosswise; stand on end around the outside edge of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom or a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange remaining split ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons orange juice over the ladyfingers.
- Fold whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until set. If desired, garnish with the sliced strawberries and mint.