White Chocolate SouffleFrom seba 7 years ago
- First you'll need 6 prepared ramekins. shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 125g white chocolate shopping list
- 60g butter shopping list
- 1 tbs cornflour shopping list
- 2 tbs all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup castor sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Additional butter and sugar for the ramekins shopping list
How to make it
- First prepare the ramekins by greasing them with butter then coating with sugar, leave a side.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine milk and chocolate in a bain-marie (double-boiler), stir over heat, jut till it melts.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add the flour and the cornflour and stir for one minute.
- Add the white choco mix, sugar and vanilla. Stir constantly till it thickens.
- Remove from heat, add the egg yolks and stir. then put the mix back to the heat for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggwhites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. then add cream of tartar and whisk again.
- Add the whites to the chocolate mix in two baches, mix them gently so you don't lose the fluffyness.
- Fill the prepared ramekins with the souffle mixture, don't forget to clean the edges.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Eat them while they're still hot and fluffy :)