Red Shrimp RemouladeFrom angelinaw 6 years ago
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 Large Rib celery, Chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions, Chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic Clove, Chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp creole mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 Cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp horseradish shopping list
- 2 tsp hot sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp ketchup shopping list
- kosher salt & black pepper To Taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or to taste shopping list
- 1 oz. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- SHRMIP BOIL: shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard seed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns shopping list
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cayenne shopping list
- 2 fresh bay leaves shopping list
- 1 Rib celery Chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp whole allspice shopping list
- 5 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 6 Cups water shopping list
- 2 lb of shrimp shopping list
- PRESENTATION: shopping list
- 1 head of lettuce, sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- For the Sauce:Combine all of the ingredients (except the oils) in a food processor, process until smooth. With the motor still running, slowly drizzle in the oils.
- The emulsion should be fairly thick. Adjust the seasonings and refrigerate overnight so the sauce can marry.
- For the Shrimp:
- NOTE: When you cook Cocktail Shrimp, it's important to leave the shells on, both for flavor and to prevent the shrimp from curling up too much. These shrimp are not cooked long, this is more of a steep.
- Combine the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer partially covered for 20-30 minutes.
- On the side, make an ice bath of 6 cups ice and 6 cups cold water.
- Return the liquid to a boil. Add the shrimp and then turn off the heat.
- After 2 minutes (please make sure the Shrimp are white all the way through), remove the shrimp and place them in the ice bath.
- When the shrimp are completely cooled, remove the shell and tail, then devein.
- Marinate the shrimp in the sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Cover the base of 2 chilled appetizer or salad plates with the shredded lettuce.
- Arrange the shrimp on top of the lettuce, 8 per plate, and garnish with green onions, thinly sliced on the bias.
The Cookangelinaw St Louis, MO
The Rating1 people
Your recipe for Red Shrimp Remoulade is involved however it sounds well worth it.
I love the extra care given to the shrimp, to me it is so important to take those extra steps.
High Fivetrigger in loved it