Labneh Yogurt Cheese DipFrom jaeleepoms 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl stir the salt into the yogurt.
- Spoon the yogurt in the center of a piece of doubled cheesecloth and
- pull corners up and tie tightly.
- Suspend from a stationary object over a bowl (to catch liquid). Let this hang for about 12 hours. When well drained it will be the consistency of cottage cheese.
- Remove from the cloth. Store covered in the refrigerator until needed. For variety of flavors, you can mix in fresh or dried herbs such as dill, parsley and mint, minced garlic, pepper flakes, etc.
- Or you could serve traditionally drizzled with a good olive oil, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and some cumin.