Spaghetti Squash DelightFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 medium spaghetti squash shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( could be swiss or cheddar ) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup plain dried crumbs ( or buttery cracker crumbs ) shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- garnish: sour cream, chives and paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Piece holes in squash .
- Cook squash by your favorite method.
- I cook in micro for about 15 to 20 minutes or until softened
- Slice in half, scoop out and discard seeds and soft pulp.
- When warm enough to handle, use fork to scrape off strands of squash and place in colander to drain.
- When well drained, add cheese, eggs, bread crumbs and seasonings and mix well.
- Place in a 9 inch square Pyrex or micro safe dish.
- Micro 80% 7 to 10 minutes or top appears set and firm.
- The squash will be soft to touch .
- The texture will be like a vegetable custard.
- Cool a bit, carefully score and cut through but use a spatula to lift pieces out of pan.
- Or simply use an ice cream scoop to dish from pan.
- Top with sour cream and garnish with chives and paprika.
- This also may be baked in a 350F about 20 to 30 minutes till set and browned a bit,
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
MMMMMMMMM!sayboya in Adelaide loved it