Huevos RancherosFrom ogchefjon 8 years ago
- 1/4 c. cooking oil shopping list
- 6 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 2 canned green chili peppers, rinsed, seeded, and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 c. monterey jack cheese, or American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil. Fry tortillas, one at a time, in oil about 30 seconds per side or until crisp and golden; drain. Wrap in foil and keep warm in a 300 degree oven. In the same skillet cook onion in remaining oil until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, chili peppers, chili powder, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly thickened. Break 1 egg into a small dish. Carefully slide egg into hot tomato mixture. Repeat with remaining eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness. To serve, place eggs and some tomato mixture on warm tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Add your own hot sauce on top if desired.