Italian-Style Chicken BreastsFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 TBS basil pesto shopping list
- 4 large strips prosciutto, Parma ham or similar lean cured ham shopping list
- 1 jar your favorite spaghetti sauce (without meat!) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives (optional) shopping list
- 1 TBS, small capers (optional) shopping list
- About 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a shallow casserole with olive oil and preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C.
- Flatten chicken breasts and pound gently until fairly uniform in thickness.
- Spread each breast with pesto and roll up loosely.
- Wrap each chicken breast in Prosciutto, fasten with toothpicks and lay in prepared pan.
- Crush the garlic clove and add it (along with the olives and capers, if desired) to the spaghetti sauce, then spoon the sauce around the breasts, but not covering them.
- I like the olives and capers because it gives this dish a bit of bite.
- Spread Parmesan cheese evenly over all and bake 30-40 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly and breasts are cooked through.
- Serve with penne pasta cooked al dente and a green salad.