Buttermilk CrepesFrom pickeringmartha 6 years ago
- 2 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- sugar, for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together cinnamon, flour and baking powder. Whisk into buttermilk mixture and stir in melted butter. If too thick, add more buttermilk until a pourable consistency. Allow batter to sit 10-15 minutes before making.
- Heat a flat, non-stick pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Grease lightly with oil or spray and pour about 2 oz of batter into the center of the pan. These crêpes will be thicker than usual crêpes. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until edges brown. Lift crêpe gently with a spatula and flip over. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- To Assemble:
- Sprinkle surface of crêpe with sugar and roll into a cigar shape. Repeat with remaining batter. Crêpes can be made ahead of time and warmed in the microwave. They also freeze very well.
The Cookpickeringmartha Pickering, CA
The Rating4 people
Hey, hey, hey! DIVINE, I say!
HIGH FIVE to you, my good cooking buddy :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Drool...I love crepes, and buttermilk pancakes are divine...why haven't I thought of combining the two before? Thanks for thinking of it for me. I'm sure to try this one! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
This is an AWFUL recipe. I followed the directions exactly. I cannot see how anyone could possibly call these 'crepes'. I make crepes all the time and I just wanted to try them with buttermilk. They were the thickest & chewiest pancakes I've ever...moreveronikahunter in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!