Apricot Sweet PotatoesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 6 ounces dried apricots shopping list
- 2 cups hot water shopping list
- 6 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 teaspoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apricots and hot water in saucepan then allow to stand 1 hour.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes then remove from heat and drain.
- Reserve 1/4 cup liquid from apricots.
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 25 minutes then allow to cool to touch.
- Pell and cut potatoes into 1/2" slices.
- Layer half the potatoes, apricots and brown sugar in a lightly greased rectangular baking dish.
- Repeat layers then combined reserved apricot liquid and next 3 ingredients mixing well.
- Pour over layers in casserole then cover and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
- Top with pecans then bake 5 additional minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!