Hash Brown StrataFrom sunny 7 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers shopping list
- 1 cup cut broccoli florets shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cooked bacon (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8 eggs - lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange hash brown potatoes and broccoli in bottom of baking dish; top with bacon. Set aside.
- Stir milk gradually into flour in a medium bowl. Stir in eggs, half of the cheese, the snipped or dried basil, and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with fresh basil sprigs. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Make-ahead Tip: Assemble as above, but do not bake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, remove cover and bake as directed above.
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!