Thai Basil and Eggplant Stir FryFrom appoggiatura 8 years ago
- 2 T peanut oil shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp sambal oelek (chili garlic paste) shopping list
- 1/2 onion, cut in slivers shopping list
- 4 - 6 cloves of garlic minced, 2 reserved shopping list
- 1 -3 chili peppers, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Japanese eggplant, cut in irregular slices shopping list
- 1/4 C vegetable broth shopping list
- 3 T soy sauce, 2 reserved shopping list
- 1 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 C basil leaves, torn shopping list
How to make it
- First, assemble your ingredients for the stir fry. Chop the onion, hot pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, and eggplant; combine them in a bowl.
- Prepare your sauce. In a small dish, combine the 2 reserved tablespoons of soy sauce, the brown sugar, the sesame oil, and the reserved garlic.
- In a separate small dish, dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large saute pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the chopped vegetables and the sambal oelek. Stir fry the vegetables for 5-6 minutes, adding the broth toward the end of the cooking time to keep the vegetables moist.
- Season the veggies with a tablespoon of soy sauce, and stir fry for another minute.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the stir fry, then the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir well, then add most of the basil. Let it wilt.
- Remove the pan from heat and serve.
- Garnish with the remaining basil and serve over steamed rice.
The Cookappoggiatura Athens, GA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!