Chocolate Mini Chip Holiday CookiesFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate orsels, divided use shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting, colored if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in 1½ cups morsels.
- Divide dough in half.
- Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper.
- Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Lift from waxed paper; place on un-greased baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread with frosting; pipe with melted chocolate.
- To Pipe Chocolate:
- Place remaining 1/2 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead.
- Microwave for 10 seconds; knead until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe chocolate.
- Makes 3 dozen.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating12 people
OHH just yummy!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^5 ;()lanacountry in Macon loved it
thank you!!!sallya2 in Kent loved it
These sound yummy!! Love that they have mini-chocolate chips in them!christinem in Worcester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!