Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green SauceFrom elle 8 years ago
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled shopping list
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) medium green salsa shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (I use half and half instead, because I always have it on hand.) shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch) shopping list
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, coarsely shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put chicken and garlic cloves on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine salsa and cream.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- When the chicken is cool enough, shred meat, getting rid of skin and bones.
- Peel and chop garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, garlic, and 1/2 cup salsa mixture.
- Stack the tortillas, and wrap in damp paper towels.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Taking one tortilla at a time, dip in the salsa mixture, lay flat, and fill with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.
- Roll up each tortilla and arrange, seam side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining salsa mixture, then cheese.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until cheese is nicely browned.
- Let the enchiladas sit for 10 minutes before serving, and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating1 people
I made these about a month ago... used the rotiss chicken and WOW! Really good... yummy... I cut back on the garlic as we had company and they are non garlic eaters. I used 3...
Worth a 5 in my book... I just forgot to rate it sooner.. Sorry!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!