Maple Nut Chex Snack MixFrom christinem 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. imitation maple flavoring shopping list
- Dash of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup oat bran or ground flax shopping list
- 3 cups rice cereal squares (ie: rice Chex) shopping list
- 3 cups multi-grain cereal squares (ie: Multi-Grain Chex) shopping list
- 1 cup walnut halves or coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup mini pretzels or pretzel sticks shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries, cranberries or chopped dried apples shopping list
- For Maple-white chocolate Drizzle: shopping list
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips shopping list
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. imitation maple extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine rice and mutli-grain cereal, walnuts and pretzels; set aside.
- Place brown sugar, butter and 1/2 cup maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue to boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt, maple flavoring and cinnamon.
- Stir oats and oat bran or flax into the syrup mixture; pour over the dry cereal mixture and gently stir until cereal is evenly coated with mixture.
- Spray a large baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray; spread mixture evenly in pan. (You can sprinkle with a bit of additional salt if you like)
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes, stirring at least every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place white chocolate chips and 1 tbsp. maple syrup in microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 50% power in increments of 15 seconds until melted, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1/8 tsp. maple flavoring.
- Drizzle over cooling snack mix (piping from a small Ziploc bag with corner snipped works great for this) and let sit until set.
- Stir in your choice of dried fruit.
- Keep in airtight container.