Rice Lamb CurryFrom shariq28sep 5 years ago
- 500 grams mutton shopping list
- 4 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1/2 inch cinnamonClick to find more about Cinnamon shopping list
- 2 nos. cardamoms (green) shopping list
- 3 teaspoons Red chilli powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon AniseedClick to find more about Aniseed powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups curds shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup Khoya shopping list
- 10 nos. almondsClick to find more about Almonds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garam masala shopping list
- 4 nos. cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerClick to find more about ginger powder (dried) shopping list
- 1 pinch AsafoetidaClick to find more about Asafoetida shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the mutton into 1 1/2 inch pieces and wash. Drain and set aside. Mix the khoya with 1/4 cup curds, beat well to form a smooth mixture. Grind the almondsClick to find more about almonds to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cloves, cinnamonClick to find more about cinnamon, cardamoms, asafoetidaClick to find more about asafoetida and fry for a minute or two. Add the mutton pieces and fry uncovered over a medium flame for about 5 mintues, stirring often. Add 2 tsp. chilli powder, dried gingerClick to find more about ginger powder, aniseedClick to find more about aniseed powder, saltClick to find more about salt and curds. Cook covered on a low flame, stirring twice or thrice till the liquid dries up and the masala starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Scrape off masala from the bottom and add 1/4 cup water. Cook again till the water dries up completely. Add the remaining water and sugar.
- Presure cook till the mutton becomes soft (i.e after one whistle, pressure cook on a low flame for about 10 mintues.
- Add the khoyacurd mixture, ground almondsClick to find more about almonds, garam masala and the remaining teaspoon of chilli powder. Cook uncovered on a low flame for about 5 mintues.
- Serve hot with tandoori rotis, naans or parathas
The Cookshariq28sep Montreal, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!