Easy Cherry Pound CakeFrom zoeb 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk, divided shopping list
- 2 cups quartered maraschino cherries, well drained, reserving 1/3 cup juice shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with 1/2 cup condensed milk to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Fold in cherries. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 55 minutes.
- Cover loosely with foil, shiny side out; continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes; invert cake onto rack and let cool completely.
The Cookzoeb Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!