Holiday Taigalach -honey Nut BallsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons salad oil shopping list
- 1 pound dark honey shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp powdered ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups filberts (or other nuts except peanuts) chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup candied cherries (optional) but adds a corlorful and festive look shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in thecenter and drop the eggs and oil into it.
- Work into the flourand mix until a dough is formed.
- Break off pieces of dough and rollinto pencil- thick
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and place on alightly greased cookie
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Shake pan once or twice.
- Cook the honey, brown sugar, ginger and nutmeg for
- 15 minutes.
- Dropthe baked dough into it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the nuts andcook 10 minutes additional, stirring frequently.
- Test the mixtureby dropping a little on a wet surface; if it holds together,it'sdone; if not, cook until it does.
- Turn out onto a wet board andletcool until easy enough to handle.
- Then shape into 3-inch balls between moistened hands.
- Decorate with the candied cherries, if youwish.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Almost like Italian pignolata or struffoli....use pine nuts rather than filberts.linspj in New Hartford loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
101 All About Honey44 members
International Baking67 members
The Pastry Garden24 members
Life On The Sugary Side8 members
A Drop Of HONEY16 members