Indian Bread PuddingFrom saramathew84 5 years ago
- bread-4pieces shopping list
- Full cream Milk- 1 litre shopping list
- condensed milk - 4tbsp or as per taste shopping list
- pistachios-for garnish shopping list
- saffron strands-3-4 shopping list
- small green cardamom-3-4 shopping list
- Rosewater-1tsp shopping list
- cardamom powder-1/2tsp shopping list
- ghee or clarified butter for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Soak Saffron in about 2-3tbsp of milk and cut the pistachios into small pieces
- Cut the bread pieces diagonally after removing the crust
- Heat Ghee in a wok and fry the bread in it till golden
- Place them on tissue paper to drain excess ghee.Set Aside
- Boil milk
- Add Condensed milk. We like it really sweet so we add about 4tbsp.You can add more or less as per taste
- Keep stirring while the milk boils along with the condensed milk .Keep boiling till it reduces to almost half its quantity.
- Once done,switch off the flame and let it cool slightly.
- Add the rosewater,saffron and the milk in which it was soaked,half of the pistachios and cardamom powder.Mix well
- In a dish place the fried bread slices.
- Pour the milk on top them.It should be enough to soak the bread in it.The bread should be immersed in it.
- Garnish with the rest of the pistachios and whole cardamom
- Let it Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
The Cooksaramathew84 Dubai, UAE
The Rating4 people
VERY interesting dish! I love trying out foods from different countries, and this is a must-try! Thank you so much for sharing it, and HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Wonderful recipe..pretty also!! :)
55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
Love this stuff... :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!