Indian Bread PuddingFrom saramathew84 6 years ago
- bread-4pieces shopping list
- Full cream Milk- 1 litre shopping list
- condensed milk - 4tbsp or as per taste shopping list
- pistachios-for garnish shopping list
- saffron strands-3-4 shopping list
- small green cardamom-3-4 shopping list
- Rosewater-1tsp shopping list
- cardamom powder-1/2tsp shopping list
- ghee or clarified butter for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Soak Saffron in about 2-3tbsp of milk and cut the pistachios into small pieces
- Cut the bread pieces diagonally after removing the crust
- Heat Ghee in a wok and fry the bread in it till golden
- Place them on tissue paper to drain excess ghee.Set Aside
- Boil milk
- Add Condensed milk. We like it really sweet so we add about 4tbsp.You can add more or less as per taste
- Keep stirring while the milk boils along with the condensed milk .Keep boiling till it reduces to almost half its quantity.
- Once done,switch off the flame and let it cool slightly.
- Add the rosewater,saffron and the milk in which it was soaked,half of the pistachios and cardamom powder.Mix well
- In a dish place the fried bread slices.
- Pour the milk on top them.It should be enough to soak the bread in it.The bread should be immersed in it.
- Garnish with the rest of the pistachios and whole cardamom
- Let it Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
The Cooksaramathew84 Dubai, UAE
The Rating4 people
How delightful and gorgeous...and it looks so delicious. Thanks so much for recipe! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Love this stuff... :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Wonderful recipe..pretty also!! :)
55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!